22 December, 2015
Environmental Engineering, Geology, Geochemistry, Hydrology and/or related fields. USEPA Office of Research and Development, National Risk Management Research Lab, Ground Water and Ecosystems Restoration Division seeks candidates for two Post-Doctoral Associate positions to conduct research on techniques to protect and enhance subsurface environments.
The successful candidate(s) will perform laboratory studies, field studies and/or modeling studies that may include research on:
- the potential impacts of uranium in-situ recovery on groundwater resources;
- the transport, degradation, and removal of an array of subsurface contaminants;
- and/or the effects of enhanced infiltration of stormwater/wastewater on groundwater resources.
Depending on the candidate’s experience and interests, research could include:
1) laboratory studies to determine rates and conditions of contaminant transformation and partitioning;
2) field investigations to evaluate groundwater geochemistry and hydrology; and
3) modeling studies to advance the application of geochemical models as predictive tools for evaluating risks to water quality.
Positions are located at the Robert S. Kerr Environmental Research Center in Ada, OK, USA. Salary range of $70,192 to $91,255. Up to 3 year appointment duration. Vacation and sick leave. Federal health benefits, life insurance and retirement program.
Project No. GWERD-12-16-2015-02. Information on these positions is at this link: http://cfpub.epa.gov/ordpd/PostDoc_Position.cfm?pos_id=894
Application instructions are at this link: http://cfpub.epa.gov/ordpd/PostDoc_Lab.cfm?Lab=NRMRL .
For additional scientific information about these positions contact Dr. Richard Lowrance, Lowrance.email@example.com.
The US EPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This post is not valid after Friday January 29th, 2016