Postdoctoral Associate, Montclair State University
7 March, 2016
The Talaga Lab at Montclair State University is recruiting for one or more postdoctoral research associate positions.
The postdoctoral research associate will investigate the phenomenon of amyloid formation from ?-synuclein using a variety of biophysical methods, including, but not limited to:
- Thin Film Circular Dichroism
- Single Molecule Fluorescence and FRET
- Protein Expression, Isolation, and Purification
- Protein Mutagenesis
- Protein-Dye Conjugation
- Time-Correlated Single Photon Counting
- Fluorescence Lifetime Analysis
- Atomic Force Microscopy
- Dynamic and Static Light Scattering
- Neural cell culture
The successful candidate will lead a research team of 4-6 senior undergraduates and graduate students to achieve the following near-term goals:
- Elucidate the interfacial contribution to the mechanism of ?-synuclein aggregation:
- What is the relationship between the nature of the interface and the conformational changes that occur in α-synuclein at those interfaces?
- Which conformational changes lead to aggregation?
- What are the aggregation reaction intermediates?
- Create a high-sensitivity reporter reagent to detect conformational changes that lead to amyloid-like aggregation.
- When do conformational changes occur during the aggregation reaction?
- What cellular components can induce this conformational change?
Salary dependent on experience based on NIH-NRSA scale.
This post is not valid after Wednesday April 6th, 2016