8 March, 2016
National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali is an autonomous R&D Institute under Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India. The institute carries out cutting edge research at the interface of Food, Nutrition and Agricultural Biotechnology.
Job Title: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Job ID: Advt. No. (NABI/8(32)/2015-GAP-14(2)
No of Posts: 1
Project Title: Developing glycoconjugates capped multifunctional gold nanorod based nanobiosensor for detection of multiple food borne Bacteria (BT/PR10353/PFN/20/889/2013).
Funding Agency: Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India
Principle Investigator: Dr. Nitin Kumar Singhal
Location: National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Mohali
Tenure: The appointment will be for 2 years or till the termination of the project whichever is earlier, and subject to annual review for further extension that will be granted based on the research progress and accomplishments
Post Graduate Degree in basic sciences with NET qualification or Post Graduate degree in professional course.
- CSIR/UGC/DBT/GATE/ICMR JRF fellowship.
- Prior research or training experience in synthesis of small organic molecules, NMR, Mass and FTIR.
- Synthesis of multivalent glycoconjugates (based on reducing/mono, di, oligo, branched or multivalent sugar) in high yield.
- Characterization of synthesized glycoconjugates
- Test to confirm the binding/interaction of glycoconjugates with food borne bacteria
- Final objective of this project will be developing Bacto Chip Microarray for quick bacterial detection.
Age Limit: 28 years
Salary: Rs. 25,000/- per month plus 20% HRA
How to Apply:
All interested candidates may appear for Walk-in- Interview along-with duly filled application form available on the website. Further, interested candidates should also send the softcopy of the application form to email@example.com on or before 5 April, 2016. The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of registration at NABI-reception desk on 11 April, 2016.
Date and Time of Walk-In Interview: 11 April, 2016 at 11:00 AM
Venue: NABI Interim Facility located at C-127, Industrial Area, Phase VIII, Ajitgarh (Mohali), Punjab.
This post is not valid after Monday April 11th, 2016