18 March, 2016
The Georgia Institute of Technology’s Petit Institute for Bioengineering and Bioscience is seeking an experienced technical executive to lead the Research Operations of its new Marcus Center for Therapeutics Cell Characterization and Manufacturing (MC3M).
The Associate Director for Research provides executive level leadership for the laboratory, and day to day research functions as an integral member of the MC3M senior leadership team. This position is principally responsible for helping to develop a research vision and executing that vision for the center; and for securing and supporting the extramural sponsorship and workforce required to realize that vision. This is a significant leadership opportunity within the Petit Institute and is located on the Georgia Tech campus in the vibrant Midtown area of Atlanta.
• Executive level research leadership/strategic planning and execution
• Working with the Center Director to execute the center’s research vision
• Leading several Senior Scientists and Scientists in research activities
• Interfacing with faculty on various research projects
• Overall operational management
• Program and business development including seeking other extramural funding
• Staff development and talent acquisition
• PhD with 6 or more years of experience
• Significant industry experience or equivalent is preferred
• GMP experience in a pharma or cell manufacturing setting
• Experience running a large laboratory or research group
• Recognition as a leader in applicant’s field of expertise
• Track record of successful program development
• Experience with writing grants in industry or academic environments
IMPACT AND INFLUENCE: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Institute senior administration, faculty, staff, research administrators; industry partners and sponsoring agencies.
HOW TO APPLY
• Resume and cover letter should be sent via email to: Andrea Soyland at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The email must reference the PVA# and position title in the subject line
• Three (3) letters of recommendation and college transcripts will be required of the final candidate
• Position will require passing a pre-employment background screen
This post is not valid after Friday March 25th, 2016