24 March, 2016
The Optical Society (OSA), a Washington, DC-based scientific society, is expanding its marketing team in its Publishing Division and is seeking a dynamic individual for its new Marketing Manager position. The position’s primary role is to execute effective marketing and communication plans including email, direct mail, advertising, exhibits, and web-based promotions.
- Developing comprehensive marketing plans, schedules, and strategies on an annual basis for assigned journals to drive usage so as to retain existing or acquire new institutional subscriptions and/or to solicit authors to submit to Open-Access journals.
- Executing print, email, online, exhibit and multimedia promotional campaigns outlined in the marketing plans to effectively promote select journals and other products and services as assigned. Implementation of the marketing plans includes the development and distribution of email broadcasts; coordinating targeted list development for print or email promotions; and developing marketing materials for exhibits.
- Devising and executing strategies that drive usage of OSA’s electronic products and that best meet the needs of its major constituencies, the library market and authors.
- Managing the coordination of OSA Publishing marketing materials needed for table tops or larger booth exhibitions at industry trade shows for scientists and/or librarians.
- Producing and scheduling web and print OSA Publishing advertisements along with brief product updates for internal or external websites, print publications, or OSA member newsletters.
- Executing and analyzing marketing campaigns and presenting results to editors for assigned journals.
Bachelor’s degree required with five to seven years of experience marketing journals preferred. Excellent communication, interpersonal and project management skills required. Candidate must be a high-energy self-motivated person who is detailed oriented with the ability to multi-task on a daily basis in a fast paced environment.
OSA offers a competitive salary and benefits. Send resume w/cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is not valid after Monday May 23rd, 2016