2 April, 2016
Post Doctoral Research Associate in Plant Enzymology | REF: 496492 |
University of Western Australia | FACULTY OF SCIENCE | SCHOOL OF CHEMISTRY AND BIOCHEMISTRY
– 2 year, full time appointment (further employment is subject to funding)
– Level A Step 8 $88,520 p.a.(minimum starting salary for appointee with PhD)
– Based at Crawley, Perth, Western Australia
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
This post forms part of the substantial investment by the Australian Research Council Discovery Programme at UWA. The post supports new work in the Mylne group concerning the biosynthesis of bioactive peptides by proteases.
Together with local and international partners this project seeks to understand biosynthesis of buried peptides.
The particular focus of this position is to use biochemical (e.g. recombinant proteins, mass spectrometry, directed evolution) approaches to further our understanding of the enzymes at the heart of these biosyntheses.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
– PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline
– Experience in recombinant protein production
– Experience in protein biochemistry, enzymology, structural enzymology, mass spectrometry, structural biology (preferred)
– Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently and within a team
– Good computing and data management skills
– Experience preparing manuscripts for publication in international journals and supervising students
Dr Josh Mylne to whom the successful candidate will report will lead the project. Liaison with collaborators and other researchers in the Mylne group (www.mylne.org), local, interstate and international collaborators will be essential.
This post will involve attendance at group meetings of the Mylne research team, and meetings with collaborators as necessary. The laboratory work will be undertaken at University of Western Australia.
Closing date: Wednesday 27 April 2016
This position is open to international applications.
Application Details: Applications must be submitted online. Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Please see the position description prior to applying at http://external.jobs.uwa.edu.
This post is not valid after Wednesday April 27th, 2016