8 April, 2016
Can you combine experience of data analysis and statistical tool development with knowledge of the drug discovery and development process? This is an exciting time to join AstraZeneca’s Personalized Healthcare and Biomarkers (PHB) function in Cambridge as a Personalized Healthcare Data Scientist, challenge current scientific thinking and make a real difference to patients worldwide.
We are investing in a new, state-of-the-art Global R&D Centre and Corporate Headquarters in Cambridge. This will reinforce our position as a world-leading pharmaceutical company and enable us to shape a brand new vision for our industry. You could be part of this vision, enjoying the facilities to innovate and pursue scientific excellence in your field, and growing your career in a culture that fosters multi-functional working and close collaboration with academia.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
PHB within AstraZeneca focuses on matching medicines to those patients who will benefit from them most. You will be responsible for delivering quality control and monitoring tools as well as performing data monitoring and analysis to ensure the quality of diagnostic tests that align with the drug development process and enhance personalized healthcare approaches in our drug portfolio.
You will work with internal and external partners in a global, multi-disciplinary environment to understand the requirements for QC and monitoring and to develop robust statistically validated tools enabling the delivery of the companion diagnostic assays in a clinical setting.
You will be responsible for carrying out data monitoring, analysis and quality control for internal decision making.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required
- A PhD or equivalent in computing, statistics, informatics or a related discipline
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Experience of developing and delivering validated data analysis applications
- Experience of carrying out data management, QC and Monitoring of large datasets
- Project management experience in working with diverse teams and the design and execution of experiments
- A proven record of influencing and collaborating with external partners
- Understanding of tissue based diagnostic assays (IHC, ISH/FISH).
- Statistical analysis (Strong experience in one of the following: R, SPSS, SAS, Minitab)
- Methodical, close attention to details
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of visualisation tools such as Spotfire or Matlab.
- Image analysis experience (Matlab, ImageJ, Definiens, Halo…etc)
- Experience of working in / knowledge of personalised healthcare field
- Experience of the drug discovery and development process in the pharmaceutical industry
- An understanding of drug-diagnostic co-development and commercialisation
- Exposure to working within a technically regulated environment
- Experience of contributing to publications
To apply, please click here
Applications open: 5 April 2016
Applications close: 3 May 2016
This post is not valid after Tuesday May 3rd, 2016