17 June, 2016
The Plant Molecular Cell Biology Group at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and the Collaborative Research Centre TR-SFB 175 invite applications for the position of a
The position is available for 4 years in a consortium of research groups from HU Berlin, MPI-MP Potsdam-Golm, LMU Munich and TU Kaiserslautern, who jointly investigate the role of the chloroplast as sensor and coordinator during acclimation processes in plants. The postdoctoral researcher will use different approaches, including next generation sequencing-based strategies, to analyse transcription in chloroplasts and dissect roles of individual chloroplast RNA polymerases during acclimation. This work will be closely coordinated with studies of posttranscriptional processes conducted at HU Berlin, the MPI-MP, LMU and TU Kaiserslautern, and with researchers at HU Berlin who perform bioinformatic data analyses and modelling.
Applicants should possess
- a PhD in biology or biochemistry
- research experience in plant molecular biology, plant biochemistry or plant physiology, proven by peer-reviewed research publications
- knowledge of plant organelle biology
- the ability and enthusiasm to develop new experimental approaches
- experience in project management
- skills to work independently as well as in an interdisciplinary team
- excellent language skills in either English or German
and at least one of the following
- technical expertise in plant cell fractionation and organelle molecular biology
- expertise in NGS library preparation and bioinformatic data analysis.
The postdoctoral researcher will be based in the Plant Molecular Cell Biology group headed by Kristina Kühn at HU’s campus in the centre of Berlin. We offer an exciting research environment, a friendly team with excellent international connections, and dedicated training in the host and collaborating laboratories. Salary and benefits are paid at TV-L 13 (German public services pay scale). For more information on the available position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be sent by email in one PDF document in English or German containing a detailed CV with copies of degrees, a summary of prior research activities, and contact details of two potential referees by 20th July 2016 to email@example.com.
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Lebenswissenschaftliche Fakultät/ Biologie
Molekulare Zellbiologie der Pflanzen
Philippstraße 13, Haus 12
Tel: 030 2093-6101
Fax: 030 2093-6337
This post is not valid after Friday July 22nd, 2016