18 August, 2016
- Collaborate with world-leading organisations
- Join a multi-disciplinary, international team
- Focus on micro- and ultra-structure of mammalian fibres
AgResearch is a leading Crown Research Institute charged with delivering science and innovation to benefit New Zealand agriculture and its wider economy. Our internationally recognised scientists are dedicated to this mission, and we collaborate with world-leading science organisations and universities to achieve exceptional science delivery. We are proud to be a unique organisation that is driving prosperity by transforming agriculture.
Join a world-class fibre science team and use your unique structural biology skills to support our research projects!
We are strengthening our capabilities in fibre structural biology, microscopy, imaging and image analysis. You will work as part of a team to solve complex research questions, using your skills with instruments such as SEM, TEM, light microscopes or ultramicrotome. Your expertise in mammalian fibres and general knowledge of biological systems will help you design experiments and interpret results.
- Laboratory bench work
- Use and maintenance of instruments (e.g. electron microscopes)
- Analysing images and other data
- Interpreting and presenting results/writing reports
- Contributing towards funding proposals and peer-reviewed publications
- Occasional travel to other AgResearch campuses and collaborating laboratories
You will require
- PhD degree in a biological, biomedical or biotechnological field or appropriate post-graduate qualification, and practical experience with microscopy and biological structure
- Proven track record in a relevant science area (preferably mammalian fibre structure/biology and/or microscopy/ultrastructural analysis)
- Proven track record in experimental design
- Peer-reviewed publication record
- Adaptive use of instrumentation and/or analytical software (e.g. image analysis, statistics, bioinformatics)
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Multidisciplinary team with international character
- New laboratories and facilities being designed for new science hub
- Flexible working hours
How to apply
Closing Date: 23 September 2016.
All applications must be submitted online.
Please apply online via https://careers.sciencenewzealand.org/jobdetails/ajid/r7WV7/Fibre-Structural-Biology-Scientist,18510.html where you can access the full Job Description, complete our online application form, and submit your CV, cover letter and any other relevant documentation.
Contact Stefan Clerens, Science Team Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 3 321 8622 for a confidential discussion.
This post is not valid after Friday September 23rd, 2016