23 August, 2016
The Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research (MPIDR) is seeking applications for two tenure-track positions at the level of Associate Professor. We are particularly interested in candidates whose work focuses on population-level patterns, differentials and trends in health or labor, using innovative quantitative methods. Successful candidates will serve as deputy heads of the research group “Population Health” and the research group “Labor Demography”. Appointments will be made at the German W2 (Bund) level. Please see www.demogr.mpg.de for more information on the Population Health and Labor Demography groups.
Candidates are expected to have:
- a PhD in demography, statistics, economics, sociology, epidemiology, or a related quantitative health or social science field;
- a strong publication record; and
- an active research program. Experience in managing research teams and mentoring and training doctoral students as well as a track record in securing external funding will strengthen the application.
Appointments are full-time and initially for 5 years, with the possibility of tenure. Tenure decisions will be dependent on a positive evaluation and approval by the corresponding Max Planck section’s committee on positions at the level of Associate Professor (W2).
The MPIDR offers a competitive salary, an excellent research environment and support, and a low teaching load.
Applicants should submit:
- a cover letter
- a curriculum vitae
- a statement of research interests
- a statement of mentorship experience
- contact information for 3 references
- copies of 3 recent publications
Applications should be sent in English as one PDF file to email@example.com. Inquiries about the positions should be sent to the same contact. The application deadline is October 15, 2016. The starting date is flexible but not later than September 2017.
The Max Planck Society wishes to increase the share of women in areas where they are underrepresented and strongly encourages women to apply. The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more individuals with disabilities and especially encourages them to apply.
This post is not valid after Saturday October 15th, 2016