9 September, 2016
Christchurch, New Zealand
AgResearch is a leading Crown Research Institute charged with delivering science and innovation to benefit New Zealand agriculture and its wider economy. Our internationally recognised scientists are dedicated to this mission and we collaborate with world leading science organisations and universities to achieve exceptional science delivery. We are proud to be unique organisation that is driving prosperity by transforming agriculture to better equip our future generations to come.
We are seeking a pre-eminent Science Leader to influence the strategic direction of the Animal Genomics team by identifying and delivering new research opportunities that achieve maximum impact on our livestock sectors.
You’ll join a large multidisciplinary team focused on developing novel genetic strategies. The team comprises well-established and emerging scientists, closely aligned with global industry groups, research and commercial partners.
You will provide strong scientific leadership in applied quantitative genetics and genomics with focus on the sheep, dairy, beef and deer sectors. Your extensive industry knowledge, impressive research track record, and ability to mentor and empower other researchers will add value to our team.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining scientific excellence through publication in international journals and participation in extensive collaborative networks
- Identifying and galvanising strategic industry partnerships to produce new research proposals
- Networking with industry stakeholders in the wider pastoral community.
You will have
- A PhD or relevant high level post graduate degree in Animal Science
- Demonstrated science leadership in animal quantitative genetics and or molecular biology, with an international reputation, Significant relevant Scientific experience
- An impressive publication record – examples of your work may be required
- A desire to apply your broad skills and experience to develop novel genetic evaluation technologies for application in the agricultural industry
- Excellent adaptable communication skills from Scientific to industry delivery
This role will be based at Lincoln, but will require commuting to the Invermay Campus on a regular basis until the Animal Genomics Team relocates to Lincoln.
- Beautiful campuses & great Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous provisional leave & access to the group scheme for health insurance
- Income and Life insurance & Supportive family friendly working environment with flexible work hours
- Optional 5th week annual leave, multiple retail discounts & All of Government Westpac banking discounts
How to apply
Please visti http://www.agresearch.co.nz/careers/ and submit your CV and covering letter. For more information regarding the role please contact Rosemary Rickman on +64 3 489 9020. Closing date is Thursday 6th October 2016. We look forward to receiving your application.
This post is not valid after Friday October 7th, 2016