6 December, 2016
Local Roots is seeking a Plant Scientist at its premier indoor farm in Los Angeles, CA. Ideal applicants are self-starting problem solvers, hard-working, detail oriented, and exceptionally organized with a passion for agriculture, healthy lifestyles, and technology. We are seeking a professional researcher with a true desire to innovate within Controlled Environmental Agriculture (CEA) and take ownership over projects that will change the world of agriculture.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and implementing a basic plant science research program
- Working closely with the engineering team to design all aspects of the next generation farms in order to maximize yields and crop health.
- Developing farm Standard Operating Procedures and improving growing practices to maximize harvest yields
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of professional plant science or horticultural research
- Indoor growing experience (CEA preferred, but Greenhouse sufficient)
- PhD in molecular biology, plant physiology, horticulture (or equivalent)
Ideal Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years in CEA
- 10+ years professional plant science research
- Experience designing, prototyping, sourcing, building, and commissioning greenhouses and indoor farms
- Experience with plant breeding programs
- Experience with plant disease and growing protocols
- Experience with leafy greens and fruits
- Experience with vertical hydroponic systems
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This post is not valid after Saturday February 4th, 2017