16 December, 2016
- Collaborate with New Zealand and international organisations and universities
- Join a multi-disciplinary, internationally recognised team of industry leading scientists
- Focus on micro- and ultrastructure of mammalian hair fibres
AgResearch is a leading Crown Research Institute charged with delivering science and innovation to benefit New Zealand agriculture and its wider economy. Our internationally recognised scientists are dedicated to this mission and we collaborate with world leading science organisations and universities to achieve exceptional science delivery. We are proud to be a unique organisation that is driving prosperity by transforming agriculture.
Join a world-class fibre science team and use your unique structural biology skills to support our research projects!
We are strengthening our capabilities in hair fibre structural biology, microscopy, imaging and image analysis. You will be an integral part of the team to solve complex research questions, using your skills with instruments such as SEM, TEM, light microscopes or ultramicrotome. Your expertise in mammalian hair fibres and general knowledge of biological systems will help you design experiments and interpret results, e.g. relating protein expression in hair follicles to development of the finished hair fibres, or measuring elastic properties at the nanometre scale and incorporating these into a mathematical model.
- Laboratory bench work
- Use and maintenance of instruments (e.g. electron microscopes)
- Analysing images and other data
- Interpreting and presenting results/writing reports
- Contributing towards funding proposals and peer reviewed publications
- Occasional travel to other AgResearch campuses and collaborating laboratories
Meet the Team
Duane Harland – https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Duane_Harland
Anita Grosvenor – https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Anita_Grosvenor
Stefan Clerens – https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Stefan_Clerens
You Will Require
- PhD degree in a biological, biomedical or biotechnological field
- Significant practical expertise in electron microscopy and biological structure
- Proven track record in a relevant science area (preferably mammalian hair fibre structure/biology and/or microscopy/ultrastructural analysis)
- Remarkable attention to detail
- Peer-reviewed publication record
- Evidence of innovative use of instrumentation and analytical software (e.g. image analysis, bioinformatics)
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Beautiful campuses, and great learning and development opportunities
- Generous leave provisions, and access to the group scheme for health insurance
- Income and life insurance, and supportive family friendly working environment
- Optional 5th week annual leave, multiple retail discounts, and All of Government Westpac banking discounts
How to Apply
Visit https://careers.sciencenewzealand.org/jobdetails/ajid/r7WV7/Fibre-Structural-Biology-Scientist,18510.html and complete our online application form and submit your CV, Cover letter and relevant documentation. Only applications submitted online will be considered.
More details about this great opportunity and more detailed selection criteria are available in the job description.
If you would like to know more, please contact Stefan Clerens on email@example.com
This position is available immediately. Applications close on 27 January 2017.
For more information about AgResearch please watch the video at the top of this advert.
This post is not valid after Friday January 27th, 2017