12 July, 2017
A postdoctoral position (for 1 year with potential extension for 2 more years) is available at the Siberian Federal University (SibFU) in the Laboratory of Forest Genomics in Krasnoyarsk (Russia) focusing on studying genomes of Siberian conifer species and their major phytopathogens.
– Teaching: lecturing in a Master’s program “Genomics and Bioinformatics”;
– Research: work on the main project of the laboratory «Genomics of the key boreal forest conifer species and their major phytopathogens in the Russian Federation» supervised by Prof. K.V. Krutovsky;
– Advising and/or mentoring: Bachelor and Master Degree students.
Posdoc fellow positions requirements:
* To qualify for the postdoc position, the applicant must have a PhD or similar degree in Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Informatics or Biophysics;
* Experience with the NGS techniques: genome and transcriptome assembly and annotation, RNA-seq, phylogenetic analysis, candidates with strong skills in bioinformatics and computer programming will be also considered;
* Fluent English, at least B2 (ALTE);
* At least 3 WoS / Scopus publications in the last 3 years (2014-2016).
The salary of the appointed researcher will be 120 000 RUR per month (equivalent of ~2000 euro).
Official application deadline:
July 31, 2017
What we offer:
– The results obtained in our laboratory are unique, only a few laboratories in the world conduct research on the complete genomes of conifers, thus, there is a good opportunity to get original results and publish them in high-quality journals;
– There are two sequencing machines – Illumina HiSeq 2000 and MiSeq in our Laboratory, equipment for manipulating with nucleic acids, a supercomputer cluster for high-performance computing, a server for processing genomic data with 3 TB of RAM;
– The master’s program on Genomics and Bioinformatics was established in 2016 at the related department of the SibFU, where you can practice teaching and giving lectures;
– Comfortable and inexpensive housing in the residence hall at the SibFU campus;
– Reimbursement of travel expenses for relocation (one-way flight tickets).
Dr. Yuliya Putintseva, Research Associate at the Laboratory of the SibFU Center for Genomic Research, tel.: +7 913 527 79 96, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Natalia Oreshkova, Research Associate at the Laboratory of the SibFU Center for Genomic Research, tel.: +7 (391) 249-46-25, e-mail: email@example.com
Anastasia Garmash, Manager of International Recruitment Office, tel.: +7 (391) 206-25-13, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for further
The following documents must be attached to the application:
– Academic curriculum vitae in English;
– Passport copy;
– Copies of the academic degree and academic title;
– Statement of Intent to participate in the Postdoc Fellowship program;
– Motivation letter;
– The list of publications in international peer-reviewed journals;
– A brief description of research merits and action plan in English;
– Contact information of two persons whom may be asked to give a statement of the candidate;
– Consent to personal data processing.
This post is not valid after Monday July 31st, 2017