15 August, 2017
All areas of networking, specifically network protocols and systems, wireless networking, network measurements and analytics, and related areas.
As Research Professor your responsibilities would be
- Conducting cutting-edge scientific research in computer networking and related areas such as distributed systems
- Providing scientific leadership in defining and developing lines of research
- Building a strong team of PhD Students, postdocs and other staff and directing their work
- Identifying and taking the lead in preparing proposals for funded research projects, contracts and grants
- Establishing and maintaining links and collaborations with partner institutions and with industry
- Creating value by developing transferable IPR (patents, software, …) and collaborating in standards bodies
- Managing your own research budget, which includes a basic research budget provided by the Institute, plus the funds that the Research Professor attracts for his/her research and for the Institute
- Attending conferences, establishing research collaborations, giving talks and seminars, hosting visitors, etc.
- Supervising PhD Students in their Ph.D. program
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, with at least 10 years of research experience in the area of networking
- A number of high impact publications and typically an h-index of at least 25
- Successful track record in developing transferable technologies through international patents and licensing agreements
- We particularly value systems oriented research
- High level of proficiency in both written and spoken English (please note: Spanish is not required)
- The opportunity to work with colleagues of world-class standing
- First-class research laboratories and facilities
- A personal research budget, which covers basic research costs and allows you to hire PhD students from the first day
- The possibility to personally manage the funds attracted by submitting project proposals and research agreements with external entities
- Internationally-competitive salaries and relocation packages
- A share of IPR revenues arising from your work here
- Full support to transfer your results to industry or to start-up your own company
- The unrivalled quality of life to be enjoyed in the Madrid region
TO APPLY PLEASE FILL IN THIS ONLINE FORM.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY OPEN. THE DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 08 SEPTEMBER 2017 (14:00 CET).
Candidates would be well advised to submit their applications for evaluation at the earliest opportunity ahead of the deadline.
|Key Dates in «Faculty positions 2017» Application Process|
This post is not valid after Friday September 8th, 2017