9 September, 2017
Celignis is a biomass analysis laboratory that characterises samples for properties relevant to the production of biofuels, energy, chemicals and biobased products. We are also involved in research, being a partner in a Horizon 2020 EU collaborative research project on the valorisation of wastes. We also expect to start work on another project, involving the collation of biomass data to improve stakeholders’ best practices in production and supply, in late 2017.
We are recruiting for a person who will be responsible for the collation of literature data for this second research project as well as being responsible for expanding our level of participation in future research project proposals and increasing the number of customers for our analytical services.
We are a young ambitious start-up company with aspirations to expand our operations over the coming years. We are looking for someone who shares our ambition, motivation, and drive and will be comfortable working within a start-up and contributing the energies that would be required to facilitate its growth.
There is an initial probationary period of 6 months with a view to a subsequent 30-month employment contract provided suitable skills, competence, and commitment have been demonstrated. There is also the possibility for contract renewal beyond that period providing additional suitable research funding has been secured.
Requirements and Expectations:
- Degree (undergraduate or postgraduate) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Science, or related science discipline.
- Experience in undertaking literature reviews and collating data/reports in a detailed and thorough manner.
- Be comfortable reviewing and interpreting chemical data.
- Strong command of written English.
- Proven capability of working to deadlines and producing quality reports on time.
- Have an engaging, outgoing personality, and be comfortable in proactively finding new contacts and presenting Celignis’s capabilities in an enthusiastic and positive manner.
- Comfortable in making presentations to a group.
- Integrate with and positively contribute towards the working practices, drive, and ethos of an ambitious start-up.
- Willingness to travel and actively contribute to networking events for securing additional business and collaborators.
- Motivated, takes the initiative, and willingness to develop new skills.
- Strong computer literacy, including experience in Microsoft Office and Excel,
- Experience in the evaluation of biomass feedstocks and biomass conversion technologies would be preferable.
- Experience in the participation in EU projects and/or the preparation of proposals for funding (national or international) would be a bonus.
- The collation and interpretation of literature data on biomass feedstocks and conversion technologies.
- Writing reports for EU projects.
- Proactively finding new contacts for the company in terms of:
- Clients for our analytical services;
- Research project collaborators; and
- Suitable research project calls for our participation.
- Writing contributions to proposals for research project funding.
- Dealing honestly in all matters relating to the Employer’s business.
- Attend networking events (national and international) and make presentations on the company’s behalf.
- Between €25-37k per annum, depending on level of relevant experience.
- Approximately November 2017
If you have relevant experience and qualifications please contact Dan Hayes on 061 518 440 or email a cover letter, explaining how you fulfil the requirements, and an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications that do not include a cover letter will be rejected.
CVs that do not include the grade achieved at undergraduate/postgraduate level will also result in rejection of the application.
This post is not valid after Tuesday November 7th, 2017