4 February, 2016
Applications are invited for the full-time confirmation path position of Lecturer in the Department of Food Science. The successful candidate will be expected to work co-operatively with other staff in co-ordinating research and teaching programmes, and have the ability to work successfully within a culturally diverse community. An appointment at Senior Lecturer level will be considered for a particularly well-qualified applicant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Developing and leading an active research programme including supervision of postgraduate research students.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement and development of the food science curriculum.
- Undertaking academic administration tasks, and providing service within and outside the University.
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD degree relevant to Food Science and Technology.
- Postdoctoral research or industry experience.
- You must be an active researcher with a sound publication record, and have the potential for international distinction in research.
- A demonstrated aptitude to deliver high quality teaching practice is also required.
We welcome applicants with research interests in any area of Food Science, but ideally they will complement existing research areas in the Department and further expand our current research capacity. As part of your application, please outline your strategy for further developing your research platform within the Department’s existing, or as a new, strategic research area.
The preferred start date for this appointment will be 1 July 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter.
There is no formal closing date and applications will be considered individually on receipt. The University reserves the right to close this vacancy at any time. Applications should quote reference number 1600186
This post is not valid after Monday April 4th, 2016