6 February, 2016
The German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) is a center of excellence within the Helmholtz Association that performs translational research on neurodegenerative diseases. The center includes nine excellence sites in Berlin, Bonn, Dresden, Göttingen, Magdeburg, Munich, Rostock/Greifswald, Tübingen and Witten.
The research group of computational systems biology headed by Stefan Bonn at the DZNE in Göttingen offers an open position for a bioinformatics researcher. DZNE Göttingen has a specific focus on genome-environment interactions and epigenetic processes in neurodegenerative diseases.
The successful candidate will work within a team of bioinformaticians in a multidisciplinary environment spanning bioinformatics, systems biology, and neuroscience. The work will focus on the development of novel algorithms, workflows, and software for the integrative analyses of various genome-wide datasets derived from massively parallel sequencing (single cell RNA-seq, small RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, MeDIP-seq, WGB-seq, WG-seq, and exome-seq).
Candidates should have a strong background in bioinformatics, computational biology, or computer science, be looking for a collaborative and dynamic environment, and have a proven track record of productivity. Prior experience with professional software development, machine learning, and text mining is an asset but not a requirement.
* An interesting and challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research
* A strongly cooperative and supportive international environment with state-of-the-art research facilities and equipment
* A high potential for the individual development of our employees
* Targeted personnel development
* Employment, payment and social benefits are determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst)
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should send a letter of research interests, curriculum vitae, the names and contact details of two referees to Stefan.Bonn[at]dzne.de. Please indicate `Staff Bioinformatician’ in the title of the e-mail.
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. The DZNE is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
This post is not valid after Wednesday April 6th, 2016