6 May, 2016
The Knowledge Systems Group at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute seeks a Senior Computational Biologist to perform integrative cancer genomics analysis and build cloud-based computational pipelines. This is an essential role for building precision medicine platforms within DFCI, analyzing genomic profiles and patient cohorts from TCGA and DFCI’s enterprise sequencing effort, and contributing to our recently announced partnership with Intel for the Collaborative Cancer Cloud (CCC).
* Perform integrative cancer genomics analysis on multiple data sets, including TCGA and the DFCI Profile project.
* Build cloud-based computational pipelines for genomic analysis within the Collaborative Cancer Cloud (CCC) project.
* Perform predictive modeling and distributed machine learning to correlate genomic signatures with patient outcome on large-scale cancer genomic data sets.
* Collaborate with a group of computational biologists and software engineers to integrate your analysis into new precision medicine platforms at DFCI.
* Ph.D. in computational biology or computer science, with a strong cancer genomics focus
* Expertise in integrative cancer genomics analysis
* Expertise in building and validating NGS pipelines, such as variant calling pipelines or copy number analysis pipelines
* Excellent communication and writing skills
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Strong leadership skills and high-level of persistence to lead a scientific project from start to finish
* Prior experience in analyzing TCGA data sets
* Prior experience in building cloud-based computational pipelines. Experience with WDL or CWL a plus.
* The candidate must also demonstrate outstanding personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Located in Boston, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email a short description of your interest with your resume / CV directly to: Ethan Cerami: cerami AT jimmy.harvard.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
This post is not valid after Tuesday July 5th, 2016