20 March, 2016
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world’s leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world’s agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Sr. Process Engineer at our Colonsay, SK location. The successful candidate will be responsible for handling complex issues/assignments within their area of responsibility and is familiar with broader fields of engineering. Full time supervision & Mentoring of EITs and or Co-op students will be a part of this person’s duties. Provides process/area engineering support to the Mill. Supports the Mill by working directly with peers, plant operations personnel and outside contractors to maximize plan efficiency/output/quality. Must be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers. Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What will you be working on?
- EHS – Responsible for ensuring employees and contractor groups under his/her control are made aware of pertinent health, safety, and environmental hazards and aspects. Ensures appropriate follow up on issues that arise out of the audits and inspections.
- Develops comprehensive solutions for technical problems involving multiple technologies or areas of expertise; troubleshoots and solves problems of large systems and processes.
- Develops and assesses business impact for engineering projects; develops project budgets; provides process design specifications for projects. Develops projects/investigations for improvements.
- Negotiates successful resolution to potential conflicting situations; utilizes engineering principles and knowledge to complete work and make recommendations to Operations Management.
- Coaching & Mentorship for developing EITs Balances participation in multiple teams as member and team leader; initiates presentations and communications effectively at all levels of the organization as well as with suppliers and customers.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor of Engineering majoring in Chemical/ Mechanical or related field.
- Professional Engineer Certification.
- 8+ years’ experience potash production.
- Knowledge and experience working with a unionized workforce is beneficial for this job.
- Experience in MS Office, Maximo, DeltaV
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required for this position to ensure all objectives are achieved while working with department staff and hourly employees. This position requires a good level of knowledge of the Saskatchewan OH&S Act and Regulations as well as a working knowledge of other provincial and Federal Regulations that are in affect for this operation.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic’s pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs – Apply today and join our team!
This post is not valid after Thursday May 19th, 2016