As the Chemist / Chemical Engineer your responsibility is to ensure compliance with requirements, customer specifications and requirements set by regulatory bodies through the control of NDT and chemical processing solutions. Control and development of NDT processes, including audit and training.
Our client are a global manufacturing business with a number of sites around the UK. This role is based in the South Wales site.
Key responsibilities of the Chemist / Chemical Engineer:
- Maintain NADCAP compliance for special processes (NDT, Chemical Processes, Heat Treatment)
- Design robust NDT procedure/route to process aerospace parts in compliance with customer specification requirements
- Identify cost/processing time reductions and technical improvements that may be made to identified special processes
- Ensure NDT process conforms to customer specifications through regular audits, monitoring and mentoring
- Be fully conversant with the responsibilities required by the NDT Level 3 in accordance with EN4179/NAS410
The suitable Chemist / Chemical Engineer will have the following experience:
- Previous demonstrable experience of managing chemical processes, effluent treatment plants and NDT within a business that produces precision engineered products, in a highly regulated industry, preferably from the Aerospace or Oil & Gas sectors.
- Knowledge of implementing lean manufacturing techniques and tools.
- Chemical related degree or equivalent
- NDT 3 (EN4179) qualified in FPI, UT and Etch
- Hot metal/Heat Treatment/Furnace/Machine shop experience
- Experience of Nickel, Inconel, Stainless steels, & Titanium alloys
- Experience of using analytical & statistical quality tools, eg. RCCA, 8-D, SPC, etc.
£30,000 – £40,000 depending on level of experience
This post is not valid after Thursday May 19th, 2016