24 April, 2016
USfalcon, recognized as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in the United States, is seeking an Aerospace Engineer/Analyst to work at Fort Eustis, VA to provide specialized engineering support services to assist the Aviation Integration Directorate (AID) in the execution of specific technical mission areas.
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
– 10-15 years of relevant experience.
– Final Top Secret security clearance.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
– Knowledgeable in helicopter performance theory, performance models, and performance flight test data .
– Knowledgeable in helicopter mechanical operation and flight critical subsystems .
– Knowledgeable in helicopter operations and use of operator manuals, weight and balance calculations, etc.
– Knowledgeable in the process and documentation of helicopter airworthiness in support of recommendations and justifications to Safety of Flight Review Boards .
– Knowledgeable in RIOS hardware and software data management system.
– Knowledgeable of helicopter mission planning tools and application of executable software to calculate performance and mission planning parameters .
– Knowledgeable of helicopter operator manuals regarding their application to mission planning, performance calculations, limits, and development of performance charts; this includes application of power-available/power-required models and of drag coefficients.
– Knowledgeable of helicopter weight and balance calculations and their automation in software .
– Specialized engineering experience with systems engineering and military aircraft system safety .
– Specialized experience in systems integration, engineering, and Army/DoD airworthiness product development for new or modified aircraft systems (e.g., plans, certifications basis, flight authorizations, risk acceptance) .
– Graduate/Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering from an accredited engineering college .
– Knowledgeable of Army, DOD, and FAA software data, test and documentation standards and requirements .
– Knowledgeable in preparation requirements for technical reports, flight test plans, test data, technical findings, and airworthiness substantiation documents for US Army Safety of Flight Review Boards .
– Knowledgeable in developing and reviewing statements of work, test plans and test reports for technical application as evident by past efforts Knowledgeable with operational or developmental flight test.
– Calculate helicopter performance based on test, published, extrapolated or estimated data .
– Evaluate data for inclusion in helicopter user manuals .
– Prepare and present technical and historical documents for Safety-of-Flight Review Boards .
– Recommend and justify airworthiness release documents .
– Prepare materials to support Air Worthiness Boards and Army Change Notices (ACNs) .
– Conduct flight performance verification .
– Conduct weight and balance performance planning.
– Implement and evaluate RIOS hardware and software data measurement system on helicopter tail rotor drive .
– Witness the collection of helicopter performance test data and independently calculate helicopter performance .
– Conduct preliminary design studies of various helicopters and provide comparative analyses .
– Evaluate the performance of software that addresses mission planning tools such as weight and balance, flight performance modules, and performance planning cards for various helicopter platforms .
– Provide subject matter expertise in flight test, aircraft performance, flying qualities, flight control systems, and systems integration .
– Prepare assessments of software development programs for aviation application .
– Provide guidance and support for system safety activities including airworthiness planning, coordination, integration, verification, and documentation activities in support of advanced aerospace systems platforms .
– Perform activities associated with system safety requirements, planning, integration, design review, airworthiness assessment, and technical risk management for aviation systems .
– Develop, interpret, and/or review airworthiness plans, certification basis, tailored or modified airworthiness certification criteria, and compliance reports .
– Support activities for issuing Military Flight Releases and Military Type Certificates for advanced military aircraft .
– Supports program discussions with other organizations with regard to airworthiness policy, procedures, and specific airworthiness activities .
– Ensure airworthiness procedures comply with Army, DoD, and FAA airworthiness processes and policies .
– Conduct performance technology assessments on multiple aircraft to provide technology alternatives and evaluate compliance with specifications .
– Formulate and review statements of work, test plans, contractor test reports, and Government software certification testing to assure compliance with airworthiness releases, operator manual limitations, weight and balance calculation requirements, adequacy and applicability of flight test data, and required performance calculations .
– Conduct technology and design assessments against solutions that apply standard rotorcraft hover and forward-flight analysis tools, test data from wind tunnel tests, analysis reports, and COTS aircraft information .
– Evaluate weight impacts of advanced concepts using standard DoD weight management software (AWBS), industry data, preliminary design weight prediction methods, and knowledge of system/subsystem equipment features for airmobile systems .
– Provide oversight and technical review of DO-178B software development requirements and artifacts for airworthiness requirements to include cockpit management software, instrument and map display systems, aircraft subsystems, and sensors .
– Provide expert advice regarding aircraft airworthiness, safety of flight and system safety, and risk assessments leading to the issuance of flight clearances .
– Analyze aerospace product or equipment specifications and performance requirements .
– Evaluate new technologies for application in improving the design of aerospace systems .
– Support performance of risk assessments, risk mitigation plans, and risk strategies of aerospace systems .
– Gathering and analyze Army/DoD program information and present recommendations .
– Perform technical writing.
– Conduct work related to unmanned aerial vehicles.
– Additional duties as assigned.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; SECRET, TS, or TS/SCI clearance is required.
This post is not valid after Monday May 23rd, 2016