27 February, 2016
Come join our team!
The Electronic Engineer is responsible for the maintenance of all electronic equipment and systems as directed by the Chief Electrical Engineer to ensure safe operation, environmental protection and passenger comfort.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of electronic systems onboard as directed by the Chief Electrical Engineer.
- The Electronic Engineer main areas of responsibilities are the maintenance and repair of:
- Fire Detection System
- Fire Door and Water Tight Door Control and Indication System
- Low Location Lighting System
- Navigation System
- On ships where there are both an Electronic Engineer and an Electronic Engineer Jr./Communication, the Electronic Engineer will oversee the Electronic Engineer Jr/Communication’s duties.
- On ships without an Electronic Engineer Jr/Communication the main areas of responsibilities also includes the maintenance and repair of:
- Satellite Communication Systems
- C-Band satellite communication to ensure that the system is operating to optimum performance
- Telephone System
- Internal Communication systems including Portable Radios and Pagers
- Satellite TV System
- Public Address System
- Responsible for reporting any concerns with the electronic systems to the Chief Electrical Engineer.
- Never work alone in areas where there is any risk of electrical shock or injury.
- The Electronic Engineer must be familiar with safety routines and ensure that the necessary safeguards are in place before any maintenance/repair work commences.
- Must be familiar with Class Rules and industry standards and the implications of any modifications to electrical systems.
- Must be familiar with the Safety Management Systems including applicable responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the Emergency Plan and Station Bill.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Minimum of two (2) years prior experience repairing and maintaining electronic equipment is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of electronic equipment and systems is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level of proficiency in electronic trouble shooting and solving electronic problems is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Diploma from an accredited Maritime Academy or equivalent is required.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
- Must be able to work independently
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.
This post is not valid after Wednesday April 27th, 2016