Mitie Technical Facilities Management is recruiting for a Lead Engineer/Hard Services Manager for one of their most prestigious accounts, BBC Worldwide. This exciting role requires and highly organised manager, or supervisor looking to take the step, overseeing the M&E department at BBC Television Centre, White City.
– Manage the operations, maintenance and monitoring of all Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Plant and systems at BBCW’s Headquarters in White City.
– Operate within budgetary constraints by controlling costs & maximising efficiency of resources and assets
– Manage engineering services, small project works, specify the works or brief contractors prepare estimates, procure & manage works.
– Liaise with internal and external customers and engineers at all levels.
– Manage, lead and develop your team.
– Ensure that all services are managed within Mitie and BBCW policies & procedures
– Manage and develop the performance of all Contractors and site-based technical services
– Achieve the requirements of the delegated company Client Master Plan
– Provision of accurate & current reports on the progress and status of site services
– Work closely with helpdesk to ensure all PPM’s are complete and 52 weeks schedules up to date
Effective delivery of Services
– Ensure that technical services are delivered to the client in accordance with the Facilities Management Agreement Service Deliverables.
– Support the development and communication of best practice
– Ensure the development, implementation and review of clear service improvement objectives.
– Ensure compliance to all direct and indirect statutory/mandatory standards is demonstrated
– Ensuring all contracted services are managed to their agreed financial and non-financial service levels
– Ensure high performance of all contracted resources through monitoring and targeting performance against documented service levels
Main Roles & Responsibilities
– Ensure optimum use of services systems and assets maximising their potential by introducing appropriate industry innovations and developments.
– Manage and perform maintenance activities, ensuring maximum efficiency of the workforce & minimum services downtime.
– Investigate and report in detail upon infrastructure short falls, problems and incidents, recommending options for remedial actions.
– Take responsibility for site Health & Safety matters, including establishment and use of appropriate permit to work procedures, and conduct of Risk Assessments, implementing findings/recommendations where necessary.
– Manage compliance with direct and indirect statutory/mandatory maintenance works, engineering services H&S statute & ‘Employer’s’ CDM obligations
– Manage emergency escalation procedures – be available for call out.
– Control of building fabric and handyman maintenance requirements
– Report upon and implement non planned maintenance repairs, replacement, remedial and small project works.
– Commisioning support of new building services.
– Co-ordinate engineering services project works specify the works or brief contractors prepare estimates procure & manage works.
– Ensure training competence of all contractors personnel, arrange and complete ‘what if’ scenario sessions with all contractors site based staff
– Carry out contractor performance audits and monitor trends.
– Maintain updated record drawings, Operation and Maintenance manuals, etc. information.
– Understand Client’s business activity and interface with Client’s key staff, operating as an integral part of the Client’s team.
– Act as Client’s Representative in the management of maintenance and specialist contractors.
– Liaise with customers, study & analyse their requirements, advise upon available options & provide ‘consultancy’ services support.
– Act as Client representative in the assistance of 3rd party site visitors
– Conduct management administration, maintaining Quality Management records.
– To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
– To understand and comply with policies and procedures
– To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
– To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
– To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
– Relevant technical qualifications and industry experience including 17th edition.
– Team Player who supports and gets involved
– Excellent time management and able to manage colleagues and clients expectations.
– Creative thinker
– Detailed knowledge & experience of building services systems, maintenance management, contractual procedures, health & safety compliance and financial control.
– Extremely motivated
– IT Literate
– Ability to interface at all levels
– Effective Problem Solving
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you’re already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
This post is not valid after Friday April 1st, 2016