23 April, 2016
Oxitec is a pioneer in controlling insects that spread disease and damage crops. Through world-class science it is tackling the major global challenges of keeping people healthy and increasing food production and is doing so in a way that is sustainable, environmentally friendly and cost-effective.
Over the next five years, the focus at Oxitec will be on bringing existing products to market and the priority is to generate profitable revenues.
We are looking for a biological sciences graduate with experience in quality control and health and safety. Experience with GLP, GMP or similar quality systems is highly desirable, as is experience with health, safety and environmental systems. Professional training will be provided, as appropriate.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and an eye for detail, with a history of developing assays for use in product testing. The responsibilities of the role are to include:
• Scheduling and carrying out routine quality control tests on Oxitec insect strains;
• Designing and amending quality control protocols;
• Assay validation and implementation, including training;
• Assessing and certifying assay data, including trend review;
• Assisting with the administration of quality assurance procedures;
• Ensuring the Company’s Health and Safety Policy is monitored and implemented consistently across the organisation’s UK facilities, and to develop and implement new policy and procedures according to current legislation;
• Identifying and meeting employee training needs in relation to Health and Safety;
• Assisting line managers in implementing Health and Safety systems and procedures.
• Minimum of a BSc (or equivalent) in a biological sciences discipline;
• Experience with GLP, GMP or similar quality systems;
• At least 2 years’ experience working in a quality control environment, including design and validation of quality control assays;
• Experience with insect rearing would be preferred but is not essential;
• IOSH or NEBOSH (or equivalent) in occupational health and safety is preferred (otherwise training will be provided);
• Practical experience of health and safety in a fast paced scientific, manufacturing and/or engineering environments;
• Experience in delivering training;
• PC-literate, able to present information coherently, accurately and persuasively.
Salary will be competitive dependent on experience plus performance based bonus up to 10%, pension plan and 25 days annual leave.
Start date: ASAP
This post is not valid after Sunday May 22nd, 2016