27 April, 2016
Permanent Ref: ABJ2239
As a chemist or materials scientist holding a BSc, MSc or PhD in materials science, materials chemistry or chemical engineering you will join a global R&D function within their innovation area. You will use your materials characterisation techniques (SEM, XRD, XRF and ICP) to assist in the direction and delivery of technical projects involving the assessment and development novel technologies and materials.
As a materials chemist you will design, perform and report on highly variable materials characterisation tests, which need to be processed at high frequency. You will use specific technical knowledge to assist in the development of new fibre-based products through design of new properties and tests to validate these properties.
Comply with, and contribute to, sample administration within the Testing Laboratory: receipt by form, tracking online, adequate chain of custody, dispatch and communication to clients.
Develop test methods using appropriate standards and calibration techniques and instrument software literacy across a wide range of analytical instrumentation (SEM, ICP, XRF, XRD).
Acquire data for the same range of instrumentation above (demonstrating an understanding of what constitutes a representative sample and analytical run, the impact of running conditions and how to evaluate instrument readiness / performance for the task).
Interpret data using basic statistical error analysis, appropriate discrimination between repeatability and accuracy, relevant graphics, and contextual information such as analyte end-use purpose and legacy work on similar tests.
Input to new product development projects through :
Design of appropriate material properties to increase product functionality (catalysis, filtration, hydrobophicity or acid-resistance)
- PhD or MSc or BSc in materials science, materials chemistry, chemical engineering or related subjects.
- Must have commercial experience within an industrial production or commercial research environment.
in an industrial production or research environment
- Proven work experience on at least 3 of the following 4 : XRD, XRF, ICP, SEM
- Working knowledge required in at least one of the following : Ceramics / Filtration / Glass / Catalysis / Pulp and paper chemistry (binders, fillers, clay modifiers)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of competency in the effective application of project management, and business tools and processes
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, quoting reference ABJ2238. Please call on 07814547440 , 0203 588 1335, or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is not valid after Tuesday May 17th, 2016