19 July, 2016
- Once in a lifetime career opportunity to join a leading research organisation aligned to the New Zealand and international food industries
- Lead an internationally recognised research team by developing a meat science research programme with an emphasis on adding value to the New Zealand red meat industry
- Key role in the design of a new state of the art Food Sciences Research Facility alongside one of New Zealand’s top universities
- Located in Palmerston North, home to the prestigious FoodHQ hub
- A significant variety of work that will fully utilise your extensive skills and experience
- We are always interested in the next big innovative idea in Red Meat Science – you could hold the key!
AgResearch is a leading Crown Research Institute charged with delivering science and innovation to benefit New Zealand agriculture and its wider economy. Our internationally recognised scientists are dedicated to this mission, and we collaborate with world leading science organisations and universities to achieve exceptional science delivery. We are proud to be a unique organisation that is driving prosperity by transforming agriculture to better equip our future generations to come.
Joining the Food & Bio-Based Products Group, this role has a dedicated focus on scientific excellence and leadership within red meat and food research. You will identify opportunities and convert them into successful Research and Development (R&D) proposals, and be a crucial member in the development of a research strategy that supports the NZ red meat commercial market, addressing consumer/industry demand and filling key research gaps. You will provide thought leadership and innovation with your team. International travel and networking is a requirement as you will be viewed as an ambassador for AgResearch and the projects you assume.
You Will Require
- A PhD in a relevant discipline (meat science and/or food technology, preferably with some experience in meat/muscle science and innovation)
- 10+ years’ experience within Food Science
- Substantial research experience Meat Science, Meat Product Innovation and/or Muscle Biochemistry
- Proven exceptional delivery of research projects within Food / Meat Science
- Well established international networks relevant to the Food and Red Meat Industries
- Have strong leadership qualities and excellent communication skills
As part of our campus development programme, our Palmerston North campus is being transformed into a modern innovation FoodHQ hub – creating a great place to work. To support New Zealand’s agricultural economy AgResearch in collaboration with Massey University are investing in a state of the art Food Science Research Facility which will include both meat and dairy processing pilot plants as well as brand new laboratories, including a well-equipped research kitchen and sensory facilities. Play a key role in this exciting initiative by joining the AgResearch Food & Bio-Based Products group at the start of the design phase. We support our people with continuous career development opportunities. We encourage work/life balance, offer flexible working hours, attractive remuneration and Kiwi Saver contribution.
How to Apply
Please apply via www.agresearch.co.nz/careers and upload your covering letter and CV.
If you would like to know more about this fantastic opportunity, in strict confidence, please contact Jolon Dyer on +64 21 271 8619 or Jolon.Dyer@agresearch.co.nz .
Please note, there is no closing date for this role as we would like to keep it open until the right appointment has been made.