25 February, 2013
Organized by “Krishi Sanskriti”
16th – 17th March 2013
Venue: Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Delhi – 110067
Background and Themes:
Despite so many advancements in the energy technologies and power sector over the last two decades, its survival to cater sustainable energy and quality power with due consideration for planning, coordination, marketing, safety, stability, optimality and reliability is still believed to remain critical issues. Though it appears simple from the outside, yet the internal structure of large scale energy generation infrastructure and power systems is so complex that even management and decision making requires a formidable preliminary preparation, which gets still worsened in the presence of uncertainties and contingencies. These aspects have attracted several researchers to carryout continued research in this field and their valued contributions have been significantly helping the newcomers in understanding the evolutionary growth in this sector, starting from phenomena, tools, methodologies to strategies so as to ensure smooth, stable, safe, reliable, economic and eco-friendly operation. ET and MSD-2013 shall provide a new forum for dissemination of knowledge on both theoretical and applied research spreading over various facets of fundamental and application fields of energy technologies and power engineering with an ultimate aim to bridge the gap between these coherent disciplines of knowledge in order to achieve the goal of sustainable development. This International Conference would accelerate interaction between the above bodies of knowledge with an aim to foster unified development for holistic growth of society.
Call for Papers
The Organizers cordially invite Abstracts and Full Research Papers from all over the world to participate in this International Conference on the following scientific areas for presentations and discussions thereafter. The conference aims at providing an opportunity for exchange of ideas and dissemination of knowledge among Academia, Industry, Research Scholars, Scientists, Entrepreneurs and N.G.O for sustainable development of the society. Contributions are invited from prospective authors from related areas. All contributions should be of high quality, Original and not published elsewhere or submitted for publication. During the review period, Papers will be reviewed by eminent scholars in the respective areas.
– Energy resources: Estimation, exploration and exploitation of
fossil fuel resources and sustainability
– Energy: conservation, management, efficiency and storage
– Energy and Exergy Analyses
– Clean coal technology and IGCC, fluidized bed systems
– CO2 Capture and Storage, CO2 and Emission Issues,
– Conventional Energy Power Generation
– Impact of Climate Changes on Energy Systems
– Alternative transportation fuels, sustainable transport
– Combustion system modeling and analysis, clean combustion
– Other renewable energy technologies like small and micro hydro, geothermal, ocean thermal, tidal and wave, hydrogen and fuel cells
– Hybrid systems for power, co-generation, water distillation etc.
– Nuclear energy: Availability, Costing, Technologies, Environmental impact, safety issues and policies
– Appropriate energy technologies for rural development, greenhouse cultivation, renew-able energy in agriculture.
– Energy policy, planning and economics, energy and environmental aspects, laws and treaties.
– HVAC: Alternative refrigerants, renewable energy in HVAC
– Energy system modeling, simulation, thermodynamics and Optimization
– Emission, climate change, implementation of emission mitigation Technologies
– Low energy society: Challenges, opportunities and pathways
– Sustainable Development: Roles of societies, Governments, NGOs and entrepreneurs
– Driving investment in power and renewable assets
– Eco-friendly power projects
– Remote sensing of hazard Warnings and mitigation
– Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives for energy management
– Waste to energy and its management
Solar Photovoltaic Devices and Systems
– Solar Energy / bankable solar projects
– Solar thermal technologies
– High and Low Concentrator Systems for Solar Electric Applications
– Solar Hydrogen and Nanotechnology
– Thin Film Solar Technology
– Next Generation (Nano) Photonic and Cell Technologies
– Reliability of Photovoltaic Cells, Modules, Components, and Systems
– Laser Material Processing for Solar Energy Devices
– Organic Photovoltaic’s
– Efficient Design for Illumination and Solar Concentration
– Biomass energy, materials and technologies
– Hydro energy, materials and technologies
– Thermodynamic and energy optimization
– Clean Energy Market and Finance
– Energy harvesting and conversion
– Energy storage devices and systems
– Fuel cells systems and applications
– Wind Power Development Challenges: Intermittency, RPS, PPAs
– Wind Credits and Incentives (PTCs)
– Advanced Technologies for Wind Generation
– Managing a Wind Farm
– Connecting Wind to the Grid
– Offshore Wind Power
– Optimizing Wind Power Resources
– Building Automation Systems: Lighting Control, Security and Access, Fire and Life Safety
– Building Energy Management Systems
– Building Information Modeling
– Passive House and nearly Zero Energy Buildings
– Benchmarking of Regulations on Energy Efficiency of Buildings
– Building energy conservation, green building and architecture
International Convergence on energy
– International Organization and Energy Convergence
– Transmission Networks and Regional Convergence
– Regional and International Energy Flows
– Energy Diplomacy and National Security
– Global Crisis and Energy-Dependent-Economies
– FACTS and HVDC
– Evolutionary Algorithm application to Power System
– Power Quality
– Converter/Inverter Topologies
– Automotive applications
– Power Factor Improvements
– Induction Motors
– Reluctance Machines
– Permanent Magnet Machines
– Sensor less control
– Computational Methods
– High Frequency System Simulation
Power System Engineering
– Power system protection
– Power electronics and drives
– Flexible AC Transmission Systems
– Advanced energy metering, trading and billing
– Energy market, policies and economics
– Power and energy engineering education
– Generation expansion planning
– Transmission expansion planning
– Protection and Reliability Controllers
– Smart System and Dynamic Robust System
– Artificial systems and Neural Network Optimization of power system
– Soft Computing and Computational Intelligent systems in power
– Power system stability, dynamics and control
– Power generation, transmission and distribution
– High voltage engineering and insulation coordination
– Power Quality and demand side management
– Power system protection and digital relaying
– Network restructuring and marketing strategy
– Economic load dispatch
– State estimation and security analysis
– Fault detection and diagnosis
– Deregulation of electricity market
– Machines, power electronics and drives
– Power system communication
– Smart Grids: Grid Control, Micro-grids
Abstracts not exceeding 300 words on any of the aforesaid themes should be sent to the Organizing Secretary through email at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 4th March 2013.
Submission of Full Length Research Paper
Full length research paper, maximum in 4 pages should be submitted by 7th March 2013 through email at email@example.com
1. Last Date of Submission of Abstract: 4th March 2013.
2. Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract: 5th March 2013.
3. Submission of Full Length Research Paper with Registration Form and Fees : 7th March 2013.
4. Conference Date: 16th and 17th March 2013.
Free one day Accommodation will be available to the limited no. of out station non N.C.R. Delegates at JNU guest house and nearby other guest houses/hotels around conference venue.
The Tariff rate for next day and subsequent day accommodation is as follows: Double-bed Room at Rs.800/ per person (Indian non N.C.R. delegates) and 50 USD for Foreign delegates on sharing basis per day (check out time noon to noon).
To and fro transportation facility from guest house to the conference Venue will be provided by the organizer.
The participants are requested to register by sending the duly filled Registration form through e-mail along with their research paper and registration fees (through NEFT and Online Transfer)
Mandatory steps to be followed:
1. In case of multi authored research paper, at least one Registration is mandatory.
2. In case other author/co-author wish to physically attend the conference they need to pay full Registration fees individually, separate Journal and Certificate along with the conference kit will be issued to them. Co-Authors are requested to fill and submit separate Registration forms in case they are physically attending the conference.
3. Charges for extra copy of Journal/ Certificate for other Co-author (if required) should be paid along with preliminary Registration by the corresponding author.
NOTE-1: In case Research article is accepted by the editorial committee it will be published and released on the day of conference in case the delegates are not able to physically present their paper due to some or other reason his/her research paper will be published (in absentia) and published copy along with certificate will be dispatched to his/her correspondence address by post just after the conference at no extra cost. All communication should be by e-mail/online only (no hard copy is required to be posted).
NOTE-2: For submission of abstract and full length research paper use following Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information and Latest Updates, Write us at
or visit our Website
Dr. G.C Mishra,
Contact No. : +91-8527006560
Web address: http://electricalenggconference.bravesites.com
Sponsored by: Krishi Sanskriti