23 December, 2012
SMBE Satellite Meeting on Mechanisms of Protein Evolution II
We are pleased to announce the SMBE Satellite Meeting on Mechanisms of Protein Evolution II: Thermodynamics, Phylogenetics, and Structure (MPEII 2013), to take place at the University of Colorado Denvers Anschutz Medical Campus, February 7-9, 2013.
The meeting aims to broadly cover the interface of protein evolutionary mechanisms, models of amino acid substitution, genomics/systems biology and phylogenetics. Topics also include adaptation, coevolution, convergence, neutral processes including mutation, prediction of folding, prediction of mutational effects, the influence of protein-protein interactions on protein evolution, and the interaction of next-gen sequencing and model development. This is a small meeting, with plenty of opportunity for interaction. Talks by students as well as more senior scientists are encouraged, and there will be a poster session this year in addition to talks. This meeting is also partially sponsored by BMC Evolutionary Biology and the UC Denver Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Genetics, Program in Computational Bioscience, and Consortium for Comparative Genomics.
Confirmed invited speakers include:
- Belinda Chang, University of Toronto
- Andy Clark, Cornell University
- Tony Dean, University of Minnesota
- Richard Goldstein, National Institute of Medical Research (UK)
- David Hillis, University of Texas
- Jeff Kieft, University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Nicolas Lartillot, University of Montreal
- David Liberles, University of Wyoming
- Michael Lynch, Indiana University
- James McInerney, National University of Ireland-Maynooth
- Mary OConnell, Dublin City University
- David Pollock, University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Jeff Thorne, North Carolina State University
- Naomi Ward, University of Wyoming
More information and registration can be found at http://www.proteinevolution.org. The early registration deadline is December 15, 2012. A ski trip at Copper Mountain (CO) is being planned for attendees in the day(s) that follow the meeting. We hope you can join us in Denver for this event.